- Do you have 3+ years of experience working with Splunk 6.x and 7.x?
- Would you able to commute to Bowie, Maryland on a daily basis?
- Are you eligible for a Public Trust background investigation (being a US citizen, having no criminal record and having a good credit standing with the Credit Bureau)?
If your answer to these three questions is “Yes”, we might have a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for Splunk Engineer who will be responsible for the administration, operation and maintenance of Splunk technology for one of our Federal customers located in the DC area.
We are looking for a person who can take ownership of the Splunk operation and management in 4 year project with a Federal agency as part of their monitoring team.
The ideal Candidate is natural born leader and an eager learner who has great interpersonal skills. We are interested in people who are looking for a stable work environment with limited traveling and who enjoy complex problem solving and successfully building relationships with customers.
We value empathy over expertise, listening over speaking, execution over analysis, and challenge over comfort. We care about your ability to adapt to different situations, your desire to positively impact those around you and the confidence to do it even if the possibility of failure exists. We are interested in candidates who are passionate about what they do. We are looking for people who are analytical and at the same time enjoy working with others. People who can work with the customer and a team of technically strong people in looking for the best possible outcomes for our customers.
- – Provide Design and Architecture expertise in terms of infrastructure requirements, software configurations and maintenance that will incorporate industry best practices for deploying Splunk and compliance with the customer’s guidelines.
- – Understand, interpret and develop content for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products to meet internal and external customer requirements
- – Will coordinate with other organizations (SOC/Operations/NOC) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the agency
- – Adherence to functionality, quality, and schedule forSplunk program including communication of deliverables
- – Create reports as needed for management and compliance
- – Assist with development of new applications, views, dashboards, reports, alerts, data collection, scheduling of alerts and reports.
- – Mentoring and Knowledge Transfer to team members, junior resources and clients
- – Identify new opportunities to use Splunk within agency
- – Testing, Identifying, and Correcting defects
Desired Skills and Experience
- – Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of documenting processes, requirements, making presentations.
- – Ability to relate to a diverse group of people including technical and development personnel, management, business customers, and vendors in a constructive and effective manner.
- – A desire and ability to grasp new personal and technical skills quickly, combined with deep attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- – Willingness to learn and understand the complexities of the project and a clear understanding of how things can be improved
Candidate must have the following knowledge, experience, and abilities:
- – 3-5 years of demonstrated experience using Splunk – SME level knowledge of Splunk 6.x and 7.x
- – 3-5 years of progressive experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- – Extensive infrastructure and application support experience
- – Multi-platform scripting abilities (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- – Proven ability to provide multi-platform integration in Splunk
- – Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM.
- – Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports
- – Experience maintaining all Splunk related documents including policies, processes, guides and SOP’s
- – Demonstrated experience of Splunk design, implementation, and operations in large enterprises
- – Demonstrated knowledge of Amazon Web Services (Public and GovCloud)
- – Technical knowledge of the latest Microsoft and Red Hat operating systems
- – Knowledge of government security policies (FISMA, NIST, DHS4300, etc.)
- – Hands on experience with tools like Ansible, Puppet or other similar CM type tools, a plus
- – Being a customer advocate by consistently meeting, exceeding expectations and incorporating customer service into all aspects of work
About Intact Technology
We’re an innovative, growing company and we are expanding our services. Our management team is committed to support, guide, and mentor your career. We expect highly of our team members, and because of that, we provide them with the right tools and trainings for them to succeed in making our customers successful.
We are driven to improve our customers’ success and we do it with empathy. It’s that distinction that builds the solid foundation of the Intact family.
We’re not the right fit for everyone. If you’re expecting the same type of consulting companies you may have been working for in the past, we are not the right place for you.
At Intact, we’re different from the majority of consultants out there because most of us have been in our customers’ shoes. In fact, 40% of our workforce used to be customers themselves. We’re committed to delivering results more efficiently, and sharing ownership—assuming all the risk, so our customers don’t have to. We provide best in class implementation for the best value with the customer at top of mind.
Intact is an Affirmative Action Employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national original, or disability. Intact is a proud promoter of a drug-free workplace.